Home ➥ Services ➥ Child Welfare Services ➥ In-Home Services
The goal of Child Saving Institute’s (CSI) In-Home Services program is family preservation.
When a family has been involved with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), whether through the courts or not, Saint Francis Ministries may refer them to CSI’s In-Home Services program for support.
CSI’s in-home specialists work with families to correct the concerns that led to the families’ involvement with DHHS or Saint Francis Ministries.
Staff work with parents to improve youth and/or family functioning in the following areas:
- Ensuring the home is safe and clean and the utilities are on.
- Building parental skills including schedule management and appropriate discipline.
- Teaching communication techniques to all members of the family and enhancing family problem-solving.
- Connecting the family with community resources and helping them schedule and keep medical and dental appointments.
- Ensuring the children are going to school, completing their work, and getting their emotional needs met.
- Helping the family connect with others through their faith, kids’ sports, or other activities so they have a group with whom they can spend time and build relationships.
- Helping the family set priorities and goals along with a budget, and helping the adults identify resources for job finding and transportation.
CSI's in-home specialists use the “Nurturing Families” model, an evidence-based curriculum, to help parents improve their situations to keep the family together or, if the children have been removed from the home, to reunify the family.
The program lasts approximately 12 weeks, during which time the participating families have access to 24-hour-a-day crisis intervention. This program accepts referrals only from DHHS and Saint Francis Ministries. For more information about In-Home Services, contact Jenaime Besley at 402.553.6000, ext. 114.