Home ➥ Services ➥ Mental Health Services
Mental Health Services
In light of the current pandemic, CSI has shifted to telecommunications to deliver services virtually when face-to-face interaction is not feasible. Learn more about Remote Therapy available now.
Sometimes childhood is interrupted by crisis—feelings and situations too big for children, teens, and families to deal with on their own. Often children (especially teens) express their sadness, fear and anger through their behaviors and attitude. This "acting out" is especially challenging to caregivers. Child Saving Institute's (CSI) therapists can help you and your children through this stressful time.
CSI's licensed therapists specialize in child and family therapy. They provide the support, skills, and knowledge necessary to improve family relationships and reduce the painful impact of traumatic life events like abuse and neglect, divorce or family violence. CSI therapists work with children and families struggling with a variety of issues including:
- Past trauma
- Strained family relationships
- Strained peer relationships
- Attachment issues
- Mental Health Disorders such as depression, ADHD, anxiety and others
- Behavioral problems such as hitting, yelling, isolating, risk-taking behaviors and hurting themselves
- Grief and loss issues
Attachment and Trauma-based Therapies
Our approach includes a strong foundation in the best attachment and trauma-based therapies available, including:
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Play Therapy
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Circle of Security - Parenting (COS-P)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Adoption Competent Therapy (TAC)
Medication Management Services
CSI added a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to its team in January 2021 to better serve youth and families in the Omaha community. Treatment begins with a psychiatric evaluation. This evaluation is the starting point to develop a treatment plan, which may involve medication management, health education and supportive and problem-focused psychotherapy, as needed.
Learn more about CSI's Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner here or email CSIReferrals@childsaving.org to schedule an appointment.
- Therapy fees are typically paid by Medicaid and Private Insurance.
- For those who meet specific qualifications, CSI may be able to offer mental health services at a reduced rate.
Please send an email to CSIReferrals@childsaving.org and we will help you to schedule an appointment!